Friday, February 28, 2014

Swoonful Places: York

View of York from the Micklegate Bar

Instead of celebrating Valentine's Day with my sweetheart (who is currently 4,400 miles away), I packed up for a quick weekend trip with friends over to York, an easy train ride from where I live. It was a good distraction from an otherwise terrible day. I even had better internet than in my current place, so our Valentine's Skype-date was nearly HD! 

I had an amazing time in York, I was overwhelmed and jealous of the shops and cafes, in love with the York Castle Museum, and at peace in the Yorkshire Museum Gardens. I often thought to myself during the short stay, "Oh why couldn't I have lived here instead?!" But as the train pulled in to my smaller city, I sighed in relief. There would be no tourists to compete with for taxis. No bustling crowd outside of the rail station. But I did miss my little room at the B&B (with my own TV even!) once I got back to my university accommodation.

I highly recommend a trip to York if you're looking to go. There are a lot of things to see and do, it's quite a tourist-friendly town, and it will leave you with the feeling that you just might want to move there someday. 

xoxo, Kels

No comments:

Post a Comment