Sunday, December 08, 2013

Weekly What #1

Hello! Welcome to the first edition of the Weekly What! I have had the busiest week ever, and coming up on an even worse one, but I thought I'd share some pictures from my week, some from instagram and some not! 



Clockwise from left: 

SUNDAY: Evening out scrambling up items for a volunteer event, look at the lovely lights! // MONDAY: Lord & Berry Intensity lipstick in Brick Lips is my new obsession. // TUESDAY: I ate a lot of starbursts. Papers are hard. // THURSDAY: Festive bakewells are too cute not to eat, look at those fondant holly leaves! // FRIDAY: The British Museum! // SATURDAY: My face, having a bad day. And trying not to. 

What of the Week: I am LOVING Lord & Berry's Intensity Lipstick in Brick Lips (7411). It's a satin finish treatment lipstick with macadamia oil and it goes on like a dream. Sheer it is like a deep pink that makes my lips stand out, perfect for fall. Heavy it's a vampy shade. I love it! It also feels amazing and doesn't settle on my lips at all. Not too shiny, not too matte. Love it! 

Want of the Week: This is my first year really into YouTube and blogs during Christmas, and BOY do y'all love advent calendars! I only did the ones that were gift-less that my childhood church gave us for free, and that didn't last long. I did a twitter poll and found out that most of my friends did them. Boy was I missing out! Though it's a bit too late now (in my opinion) and I'm traveling soon anyway, I would have LOVED to have had the Benefit Countdown to Love Advent Calendar. I think it's a great way to try their products, which I have none of and would love to do! Color me intrigued. 

Blog Post of the Week: I get a little overloaded with everyone's gift guides this time of the season, so it was nice to see 15 Minute Beauty Fanatic's post on her favorite drugstore makeup finds. There are a lot of gems in that post I haven't tried, and I can't wait to stock up when I go back to the states! 

Food of the Week: Most interesting eats goes to a sandwich I picked up on the go at M&S Simply Food, it's the festive Turkey & Butternut Squash Stuffing Sandwich. It reminds me of our leftover thanksgiving sandwiches, but with thinner bread, and served cold. I'm undecided on how I feel about it. ALSO! Check out this post from The Guardian on Christmas sandwiches around the UK. Next time I'll go to Sainsburys! 

What of the Week: My favorite moment of this week was heading to London for a course trip. I just love being in London. Wandering around by myself before meeting up with everyone was just so lovely. Most days I wished I lived there in the city instead of in my country town! 

Hope you all had a lovely week! I'm off to bed as next week is my "finals" week, and I've got an absurd amount of work to do. Sporadic posting ahead! 





No comments:

Post a Comment