Thursday, May 08, 2014

Project Make-a-Dent: Part II

Hello loves! In an effort to actually use my makeup before purchasing more and inspired by Lola's Secret Beauty Blog, I have decided to do "Project Make-a-Dent" which prompts me to try and use a specific selection of makeup. My particular set includes some of my oldest lipsticks. The points of Project Make-A-Dent are simple: 1) use what you have, 2) save your money and spend wisely, 3) think about what you purchase. These are all very important, especially as I am a grad student on a budget and I have recently found myself picking up lip products haphazardly without realizing that I'm doing it. I don't need another lipstick! Read my first post HERE to see what products I started out with.


Two months I had six lip products in the pile, this time around we're at four. I wish I could say I used up two products in two months, but honestly I just left them at my mom's house when I visited her! Regardless, I have really been loving the selection. These are all beautiful shades of pink and it's been nice to rediscover my favorites (and realize that I don't need any more pink lip stuff...ever). 

Left to right: L'Oreal Infallible Lipstick in Forever Frappe, Maybelline ColorSensational Lipcolor in Summer Sunset, L'Oreal Colour Riche Caresse Lipstick in Rose Taffeta, and Cargo Lipgloss in Tuscany

I've definitely made a dent in my L'Oreal lipstick in Forever Frappe. It's such a nice pink/brown/mauve/nude that is a good transitional color through the cold part of spring. I've also used quite a bit of the L'Oreal Caresse lipstick, it's such a nice fun pink for spring! I can also feel that I'm down to the bottom of the Cargo lipgloss. It has been such a nice color to use on its own and to pair with all of these lovely pink shades. I haven't used as much of my Maybelline simply because the color is quite glittery and I haven't wanted to reach for it as much as the others. I think it's more of a fall and winter pink, as it's not as bright, but I'll keep using it. 

Like I said, all of these products are the oldest lip products that I have. I'm trying to stay very conscious of use-by guidelines for makeup to ensure that I'm staying clean and safe with my makeup. It's very important to sanitize your makeup often. Also be sure to toss your makeup as soon as it starts to smell strange or waxy, or changes in consistency. Two years is about the time to either toss your lipsticks or start to keep a closer eye on scent and consistency.

Are you doing Project Make-A-Dent? If you are, be sure to follow @lolassecretand  and myself at @lovinswoonful on Twitter and use the hashtag #projectmakeadent!

No comments:

Post a Comment